skip to main content

Butte County Sheriff

Butte County Sheriff
Law Enforcement Services     For Emergencies, Dial 911
July 1, 2020, The Butte County Sheriff’s Office (BCSO) began providing law enforcement services in the City of Biggs.  This includes 24/7 law enforcement and response, as well as 911/ public safety dispatch services, records management, evidence/property management, and criminal investigation services.  The Butte County Sheriff’s Office is utilizing a combination of BCSO personnel to provide law enforcement services to the City of Biggs, which will include Designated Area Deputies (DADS), patrol deputies, and a newly created position of Sheriff Community Service Officer (SCSO). Our SCSO will work throughout the city in an effort to prevent criminal activity and identify public safety risks. When our SCSO is not out in the community, the SCSO will be working in an office located inside Biggs City Hall.   
BCSO is looking forward to providing exemplary law enforcement services to the citizens of Biggs and will work diligently to help keep the city beautiful, clean and safe.
Contact information: 
Butte County Sheriff’s Office 
5 Gillick Way, Oroville, CA 95965 (main office)
      For Emergencies, Dial 911, to report a crime in progress. 
530-538-7321  Non-emergency.
Note the following Auto Attendant options:
1. List of Deputies
2. Jail
3. Records Division for CCW, Live scan.
4. Incident Reports: to request past crime reports, accident reports.
5. Civil: Service of restraining orders and other orders. 
6. Investigations. 
7. Coroner
8. DISPATCH - to report non-emergency situations. arrow to the left
0. Attendant. 
email   (for non-emergency general inquiries)
Calling 911 from a Cellular Phone: Cell phones are not tied to a specific location. The 911 system will not know your exact location. You might first be routed to CHP. Be prepared to ask for Butte County Sheriff. 
Here you can find: All public logs, Look up specific neighborhoods and types of crimes committed there, View all BCSO press releases, Request a Vacation Check, Request additional patrols, Register home security cameras
    (Alarm Permit is REQUIRED for any alarm system in the City of Biggs) .